Childcare management software is one of the best investments you would make for running your childcare business. However, there are various factors you should consider before selecting a childcare management software, hence let us take a look at that.
- Your Goal to Purchase a Childcare Management Software: The reasons for purchasing childcare management software should be clear to which as it is a very important decision on the basis of which you will find a suitable software. Some of the key functions which are available for most childcare management software are
- Signing in and signing out of an electronic device
- Staff clock in and clock out
- Online registration
- Availability of a parent portal
- Billing and invoicing
Make sure the software you purchase at least has these key features which you can use depending upon your requirements.
- Budget Requirements: Now before you proceed with your purchase, it is important that which type of childcare management software you are going to use. An on-premise software is a type of childcare management software that requires quite a hefty capital investment and can be used only on those computers on which it is licensed. The major advantage is that it is highly customizable. Another type of software is a cloud-based one which you can access via the internet. However, before you make your decision try to consider the following elements
- Upfront charges vs the monthly or annual subscription
- Transaction charges
- Recurring expenses
- Charges for updates
- Availability of Technical Service and Support: Before you finalize your purchase decision try to learn more about the technical and support team of the software company. Try to understand the following elements
- The data import or transfer from an old system
- Training required
- Time and day in a week that service and support are available.
- Availability of service during weekends and holidays
- Average time for response calls
- Availability of training tutorials
- Method of contact like email, text, phone, and social media.
- Availability of Features: Along with the standard features available for childcare management, there are some childcare management solutions that come with certain additional features. This is something you can also check. Some of the additional functions provided are
- Batch processing or payments and invoices
- Detailed reporting
- Data storage for child’s medical records, medical information, parent pick up information and photos
- Hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly billing system
- Availability of progress reports, checklists.
- Creation of meal charts as well as menu planning
- Scheduling of activities
- Automating emails and text messages including for emergencies
Make sure the software you are purchasing has these additional features so that you get the best out of it.
These are some of the factors we think that you should consider before purchasing childcare management software. This will also help you to find the best software in the market and that too within your budget. Just make sure you know that it is a trusted software company along with considering the above factors thereby making the best choice.