According to research, more than 33% of smartphone users are not aware of the security software applications for their phones, thus failing to take their advantage. This age of technology calls for stringent online security, as for most of us, a smartphone is the gateway card for almost anything and everything, i.e. credit/debit card numbers, contacts, SMS, bank account details, etc.
Today, I will provide you 6 tips that will help you enhance your smartphone security, so you stay safe from hackers.
- Keep the antivirus software up to date. This is the most important thing you need to take care of in this fast-paced digital era. New types of malware appear after every few days, which can harm the smartphone. If you have an updated security software program, it would detect and take action against the malware.
- Passwords and security keys are an alternate building piece of cell phone security and possibly the most important ones. Today’s cell phones furnish access to social media profiles, credit union accounts, companions, family, associates, message correspondence, shopping history, and much more. A sensibly solid PIN or watchword is a great tool for protection against any mishap.
- Your smartphone would look like a goldmine to hackers if you’ve stored your various user IDs and passwords in it. Ambushers and hackers attempt to infect phones with malware that store IDs and passwords of organizations, impart draft accounts, and so on and so forth. So basically, avoid storing your passwords and user IDs on your phone, so that even if you lose your cell phone, you are sure that your important information will not be compromised.
- Undoubtedly, phones do get hacked but if you disable them on time, you can avoid the worst scenarios. Applications such as Apple’s “Find My iPhone” store your information safely on Apple’s iCloud servers. If you ever lose your iPhone, you can utilize the Find My iPhone application to locate the phone, play a sound on the device to aid you in finding it, or mark the phone as lost, so nobody can steal your personal information. This application also lets you remotely erase the data of your phone. Furthermore, you can use an SMS tracker software program to find the location of your phone.
- Cybercriminals use innocent and honest looking applications to disseminate different malware to smartphones. The point, when you instate a third party application, the hackers release malware with it. It is wise to stay away from applications provided by un-authorized sources. Whenever you install any app, you should check the privileges it requests. Many applications give permission to other apps to install themselves on the smartphone, which could endanger your phone’s security.
- A good antivirus program is a must for your smartphone. Famous PC security software companies release mobile versions of their programs, as well. The most famous among these are Norton, Symantec, McAfee, Kaspersky, and Avast. The anti-virus apps from these companies locate and uproot portable dangers. Moreover, extra modules check your applications and redesign them to sustain threats.