Since its initial release in 2016 TikTok has taken the world of social media by storm. There is an increasing number of younger social media users that have navigated from Snapchat and Instagram into using TikTok. Not only that but even older generations such as boomers have been using TikTok lately. The format used is a short video, so users can scroll through hundreds of accounts without realizing it. the platform requires that the content creators be more and more creative in order to attract subscribers. Unique to TikTok’s platform is the idea of a trending type of videos such as various video or dance challenges. Also, users are able to record, edit and upload from any device easily and quickly so it is very easy to use.
What is a TikTok Challenge?
There have been various different challenges circulating amongst TikTok users since its inception. At first, one person (or persons) create a video in a specific pattern or with instructions dictated by the audio (sometimes written in the captions on the video), and it is then shared widely among users. Subsequently, other users copy the video by creating their own version with the same pattern, adding the original audio/captions to their video.
A few examples of TikTok Challenges are:
- Art Project challenge – users showcased themselves creating their various forms of art.
- School bathroom challenge – as the platform is mainly used by the younger population, many users created videos literally in their school bathrooms, doing anything and everything but simply using the bathroom.
- The renegade – this was a dance move choreographed by a TikTok user, which went viral. Many other dance moves have also become TikTok challenges.
To achieve TikTok fame is not an easy feat. Not only must one be creative and stay up to date with the latest trends, but it is also highly advisable to grow the number of TikTok followers and views. As with any social media platform, an initial boost of followers helps users exponentially increase the number of followers. That means that the increase is not just steady but accelerating. An excellent website that sells TikTok likes and views is tiktokstorm.com. It is unique in that it is simultaneously affordable, legal, and effective. Studies have shown that people are more likely to view and to follow an account that already has a great many followers. The idea is that people tend to think that those social media accounts which already have an established audience are surely more interesting and hence worth their time and also worth subscribing to.
TikTok is also unique in that it has a fund allocated for creators – named the TikTok creator fund. Users from a few countries (United States, United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, France, or Italy) can apply to the fund in order to receive funds directly from TikTok to create videos. Of course, in order to be eligible for such an application, users must first meet a few requirements:
- Users must be from the aforementioned list of countries only.
- There is an age minimum of 18 years for users applying to the TikTok Creator Fund
- At least 10,000 people must already be following their TikTok account.
- In the month prior to applying there must be a minimum of 10,000 views of content that was uploaded on their TikTok account.
TikTok might be the latest addition to the world of social media, but it has surely left a mark on the industry. Indeed, it can even be said to have changed the way people use social media. TikTok is here to stay and users need only to be creative and up to date in order to grow within the app.